Just a quick post to share what I have found today during my administration activities. First I have discovered that the debugging parameters nfs.lockdisable which sometimes I used to set to 1 has been removed starting from ESX 4.0 (as mentioned here).
|nfs.lockdisable option as it was under ESX 3.5|
The second discovery of the day is more or less a Powershell bug. When I use the test-connection cmdlet against some hosts it becomes pretty slow, even if I pass the IP address. Powershell sends out no more than 1 WMI ping each 10 seconds. I am still investigating this issue. My finding for the moment is that
- it is no DNS issue,
- it is not an authentication issue,
- sometimes it works well with hosts in another domain and sometimes it does not,
- sometimes it works with unix hosts, sometimes it does not
- sometimes it fails with Windows hosts...
- the issue stands the same under Powershell 2 and Powershell 3...